Is there anything better than apples and cinnamon combined for the ultimate delicious smelling comfort food? I mean c’mon, apple pie; it’s a staple for a reason folks. And if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Maybe just improve the health aspect of it?!
That’s where these Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats come in. Super easy (hello, make ahead and grab on your way out the door in the morning), plus super healthy (oats, chia seeds, apples, cinnamon), and most importantly, super yum. I am loving all kinds of oats for breakfast lately since sometimes it’s just a little too cold for my go-to smoothie.
I have to admit, I’m someone who prioritizes eating in the morning. I’m not going to skip brekfast or grab fast food once I get to work because I’m running late. I’d rather get up with plenty of time to make something healthy and sit down to eat it, and if it came down to being late vs. skipping breakfast… you know I’ll be late that day. Is that bad? Maybe it’s just because I’m pregnant and getting a healthy meal in is pretty much key to having any energy at all. Or maybe it’s just because I like food. Hmmm…
Regardless, I’ve started whipping up a batch of this to have in the fridge just in case I am running late and needing a grab n’ go breakfast. And whether it’s breakfast or becomes my grab n’ go lunch, or afternoon snack, it’s always something I’m stoked to devour when hunger strikes (about every 2 hours now due to this baby on the way)!
Hope you guys love this as much as I do! Let me know what you think in the comments below. And be sure to top this with whatever you’ve got for some added nutrients and/or sweetness! I love it with raisins, hemp hearts and an extra drizzle of maple syrup! Enjoy!
- ¼ cup rolled oats (quick cooking or regular rolled oats, not steel cut)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 small apple, diced small or shredded with a cheese grater
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: additional maple syrup, hemp hearts, cinnamon, raisins, shredded coconut, pecans, granola, etc.
- Place all ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid, such as a mason jar.
- Stir/shake/mix until everything is evenly combined and let set for at least three hours or overnight.
- In the morning, either eat cold, or heat on the stove for 3-5 minutes, or in the microwave for 1 minutes if you prefer your oats warm.
- Top with any additional toppings your heart desires!
- This makes a large very filling portion! I divide it in two, but depends on your appetite!